Congratulations! It’s Day 40.
“Living with purpose is the only way to really live. Everything else is just existing.”Rick Warren
Most people struggle with three basics issues in life: Identity – “Who am I?”. Importance – “Do I matter?”. Impact – “What is my place in life?”
The answers to all these questions are found in the five major purposes God has for you. Once you know what God wants you to do, the blessing comes in actually doing it. As we come to the end of this journey and you now know purpose – DO IT!
There are many “good” things we can do with our life but God’s purposes are the five essentials that we must do.
Life’s five greatest questions:
- What will be the centre of my life? This is the question of worship. We all need an unshakeable centre. His name is Jesus. Bring Jesus into the centre of your life and watch how it all starts to make sense.
- What will be the character of my life? This is the question of discipleship. What kind of person do I want to be? God is far more interested in who we are than what we do. We are created to become more like Jesus.
- What will be the contribution of my life? This is the question of service. What will be my ministry to the church? Knowing our SHAPE will help us find our fit.
- What will be the communication of my life? This is the question of our mission. This is about the contribution of our life to the world. We are to know Jesus and to make him known.
- What will be the community of my life? This is the question of fellowship. How will we demonstrate our commitment to other believers? Our level of spiritual maturity is seen in our level of belonging in a local church.
You may be wondering about the specifics of God’s will for your life. Honestly, the specifics are secondary to fulfilling the eternal purposes. It’s amazing that when we live out the major, the minors tend to take care of themselves.
Imagine getting to the end of our life and it being said of us, that we lived out the purposes of God in our lifetime.
Remember – Living with purpose is the only way to really live.
God bless you in every way.